Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Interview: serial killers

 Interview: Michael C. Hall ( Dexter Morgan)


                                           http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UJz0O2NjOo

 For this post I had interviewed my best friend Nicole Holland about the man behind Dexter “ Michael C. Hall.” I had recently asked her some questions about Michael C Hall’s character Dexter Morgan and the relationships that the fictional character and real serial killers have in common. I wanted her opinion and to see her point of view of the acting and style of Michael C. Hall as a serial killer.

 1 Q: Does Michael C hall play a very convincing serial killer?
    A: Yes, Michael C hall plays a convincing serial killer. He is a good actor and can portray the creepy yet charming personality Dexter calls for.
2 Q: In your opinion how does Michael C hall capture that serial killing but charming persona?
   A: Michael C Hall is hot and successful as Dexter and knows his way with people, so he can be charming and hide his dark side.
3 Q: How would Dexter and serial killers in real life be different?
   A: They might not be as hot ;) but also there would have to be more precautions taken in real life. Also more stress would be placed on real serial killer.
4Q: Do you find the show Dexter interesting more than actual serial killers? Why or why not?
  A: I do find the show Dexter interesting , I don’t know if the show is more interesting than real life serial killers. Looking at both gives you a interesting perspective on real life serial killers and fake serial killers differences.
5Q: What do you think would characterize serial killers?
 A: It really depends on the serial killer. There is always variations between killers. The main similarity is the dark secret. Some killers are viewed as anti-social, creepy, maybe a nerd or someone insane but some, like Dexter are charming, successful people who you may never expect.
6 Q: Do you think that if a different actor played Dexter that it would change who Dexter is?
   A: I think that it would change Dexter completely if Michael C Hall was replaced. He had a unique way of portraying Dexter and even though another actor with similarities may come in it wouldn’t be the same as Michael C Hall.
7 Q: What are some things you would like to know about serial killers that you don’t know? If you don’t want to know anything else what was your favorite season?
   A:I would like to get inside the brains of the killers, I think it would be interesting to know their personality and views of the world. Its not something specific but serial killers in general, from all different backgrounds. My favorite season of Dexter is…well I don’t have a favorite that are all good.
8Q: In the show Dexter kills because of his past. Do you think that some or all serial killers kill because of their past why or why not?
  A: Not all serial killers kill because of their past. They all have different reasons, like a mental disorder or triggering events. Ect…
9Q: Are there other serial killers that seem more interesting than Dexter?
  A: Not that I know of. Dexter is very interesting beyond others.
10Q: Lets say that you’re a serial killer. What people would you hunt and kill, how would you kill them and would you keep a momentum like Dexter does with his blood slides?
     A: I would kill bad people like Dexter. I would kill high powered people hurting a lot of people( government people) I would probably kill them with a gun, execution style and then place a mirror by them as a symbol to look at what they have done. To look at what they’ve done. To look at that the people they hurt. I probably wouldn’t keep a souvenir because it could be an easy way to get caught plus its not about killing for fun to me, its to stop someone for the good of society.

   After my with interview Nicole and reviewing her answers to my questions I have concluded that  Michael C Hall is an amazing actor with good characteristics that do portray that dark, creepy, yet, charming and lovable serial killer as Dexter Morgan. Michael C hall does have that persona of a true actor that can not just portray as a serial killer but a charming and loving one as well. I also concluded that some people are interested in the minds of serial killers, not just me. I find serial killers very interesting but what makes me so interested with Dexter is not just what is in his mind. But the man behind his mind. It is Michael C Hall’s style and timing that puts all the perfect pieces together to make a dark and dreamy serial killer.

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen this show befor. I hope he would be a great actor. :) Does he have any others shows? Or is this his only show? I would have to see for myself if he is a great actor. :) Because I hate bad actors. But what I have read he is a amazing actor. :)

    ReplyDelete