Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Well come to : Inside A Killer’s Mind

http://toucharcade.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/dexter-300x202.jpg
What define a serial killer? Is it the environment he or she lived in or were they born a natural killer? No body really knows what is inside of the mind of a serial killer. No one really knows why humans killer each other for no reasoning. People may say that serial killers are mentally insane or in other words crazy. This is why I choose this topic. To understand the mind of a killer, too feel how he or she feels about life and death. I have heard, watched, and read the book “ Darkly Dreaming Dexter”. You meet a man Dexter Morgan around in his 30’s who works as a blood splatter expert for the Miami police department. Dexter Morgan is an interesting character, born in blood some had said. Dexter ‘s mother was murdered and he was sitting in her blood when a cop(Harry Morgan) had found Dexter and then later on adopted Dexter and becoming his foster father. When Dexter was older he had these impulsive action to kill. It started with a dog and When Harry found out, he knew that Dexter wouldn’t and couldn’t stop there. So Harry had to train Dexter codes or rules of not getting caught or to be very, very careful and perfect when killing. One important rule was to never kill an innocent and for that reason is that Dexter had lost his innocent so the only killing that he does is on the bad. Anyone who deserves to die, Dexter will hunt, plan, and attack. The show had really inspired me and spoke to me in a way. Dexter had given me a feeling of safety even though I know he is only a fictional character. Dexter had inspired me to want to learn more and more about what really is in the mind of a Killer. The show has Dexter narrate his thoughts and what he plans, which always keeps me wanting more from this incredibly written show. I truly think it is fascinating to actually learn the minds of actually killers in our real world. I wonder if they are the way because of troubled pasts like Dexter or are do they kill for enjoyment, like for instance the Joker from batman. I an extremely excited to do research on this topic and I hope I get to learn what is truly inside a killer’s mind.  

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of this book or read it. But it sound like it would be a great book to read. What type of book is this? I would read it, but I never seen in stores befor. (:

    ReplyDelete